Sunday, July 2, 2017

Making Soap

This isn't the very traditional way of making soap but it is a start. Lye scares me a tad to use just yet so may get some batches of this mastered before the next step.

I have been following and reading a blog called "Down to Earth" and I have been totally inspired by what I am reading...it was EXACTLY what I was trying to start to do, which was lead a simpler life, growing food, making things from scratch, being friendly to the environment, crafting and arting, it has it all.

Well, I was reading the blog last night and came across a post on how to make soap. it involved basic ingredients and didn't sound too complex, so here it is.
you need
4 cups of lux soap flakes
3/4 cup whole milk
1/2 cup powdered milk
a splash of lavender oil


Basically you add the lux flakes and the milk to a stainless steel pan and slowly heat it, constantly stirring until it begins to melt.

then, once it looks like this,


beginning to melt, you add the powdered milk.
when it looks like this. with no lumps, you add the oil.


give it a mix and then pop it into an oiled plastic container. 

you leave it overnight to dry a little, and then in the morning take it out and cut it into bars with a sharp knife. leave it drying out for a week, I will be putting it onto a cake rack to dry.


Here is a link to the original post I found.


                                                         Down To Earth



until next time
lots of it
Mandy
xxx

No comments:

Challenge For This Weeks Food for the Family

It’s been a while I know. Life happens, keeps us busy, and you even forget you have a blog let alone write in it. So here it is...a CHAL...