Monday, October 3, 2011

A Mama's Love #1

So...here is a little piece I have been working on..it's not finished yet....I had this very old fashioned print and I thought enough is enough. I am going to do a piece of laundry art. It may inspire me to fix up my laundry a bit...
There are so many layers on this, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't! I wanted  to paint an everyday scene of my life as I see it as a mum...I think I am going to paint a series of these things, and call them a mama's love #...this one is number 1. It;s been fun so far, my hubbty says it's not one of his favs, oh well....

That yellow thing on the line is Maddie's miracle blanket...we call it that because it was with her through the time she was on life support,,,it has little stars on it and her name embroidered on it too...my sister gave the twins one each when they were on life support,Jjacob's is white with little clouds...they love them... 

Ok..well...here are some shots of... a mama's love #1..








 I was so into cows at one stage, this is what I took down from my wall in the laundry...
well...
until next time
lots of it
(love I mean)
Mandy
xxx

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Truly beautiful Mandy... and I love that you have included something so special to your children in your painting too... love it...

Jenny x

Unknown said...

this is so precious Mandy!!! wonderful piece....

Kristin said...

Oh, I am tearing up!! That is what makes art so special - the fact that you included a personal (and so cute) blanket in your piece is so cool - and I really, really love this piece in general - beautiful colors and style - Bravo! xoxo

Rae said...

I love painting!! It's been too long for me. Love the colors.
((HUGS)) dear friend.

K J D said...

Gosh, that was a blast from the past! I used to have that picture up in my utility room quite a few years ago.

I LOVE your Laundry Art piece and the story with it. Looking forward to seeing more 'Mama's Love'

Kristin said...

Thank you sweet Mama!! Have a great weekend, xoxo

Becca said...

I love your new piece, and thanks for sharing it with us this week for PPF! I used to share the same love for those cows too! LOL

Challenge For This Weeks Food for the Family

It’s been a while I know. Life happens, keeps us busy, and you even forget you have a blog let alone write in it. So here it is...a CHAL...