Monday, September 26, 2011

Life on the edge

In all honesty, I shouldn't really complain. You see, we have had the best year ever with Jacob. He has hardly picked up any viruses this year, in turn that has lead to no life threatening episodes, Earlier in the year we had a few, what we call, crossover episodes, in which his steroids kick in before his airways close over.
But, first day of the school holidays, and he has woken up unwell. With the kind of cough that says, uh oh,,,be ready with his meds...and I am. It is going to be a tough few days coming up, and I really don't like living on the edge. It makes me feel sick!

On another note, here is something that I very quickly made in about 10 minutes. I have bought this new ladder type shelving unit for our front room once it's finished, and I have put it in the entry. It will have all neutral shades on it. Here is what it looks like now, and here are some simple photos to show how I made the brown paper covered books. I love them, for now anyway!!!lol...










Ok...well that's it from me...gotta go and get busy...
until next time
lots of it
Mandy
xxx

8 comments:

amanda73 said...

love your shelves and what youve got on them, just stunning mandy... i really hope jacob is ok... cant imagine how you must be feeling

Marelize said...

Hi Mandy. I hope you are okay and that Jacob is doing okay too. Thinking of you. (((hugs)))
Btw, love the shelves. xx

K J D said...

Hi Mandy

I really hope Jacob has a good day today.

I love your shelves and all the lovelies on them.

Take care

Karenx

Daniele Valois said...

Oh, get better Jacob! Take care these couple of days. ...The shelf is so sweet!

JessiVille said...

Mandy, I love what you've done with the shelves. I'm very in to the brown paper book covers but I have so many books that it would be impossible to do here. I might cover a few of my journals tho. I can imagine your panicky feelings with Jacob getting sick. I hope it doesn't get too serious and that he recovers quickly. Hang in there!
Hugs, Jessi xox

Joanna said...

I'm sorry to hear that Jacob isn't well:( I'm glad however you can find the simple joys using all of your talents...the ladder is fabulous! xo

Kristin said...

Gorgeous!! xoxo

E Makes Art said...

Oh wow!! LOVE what you did with the shelf!! You are very clever Girlie!!

xoE

Challenge For This Weeks Food for the Family

It’s been a while I know. Life happens, keeps us busy, and you even forget you have a blog let alone write in it. So here it is...a CHAL...